Sunday, July 18, 2010

Welcome to my World, Sean - You Ugly Toad.

Why is there not a survival guide for high school freshmen? Someone has to hold the key to surviving one of the toughest times of your life - right? If we only knew what to expect - not just the homework, teachers, and classes - but the romance, the friendships and the changes! As Scott and his friends enjoy their last summer day, Scott knows his life is about to change.

With any change, there will be some discovery, fallout, pain, and hopefully triumph. Change is rarely a smooth ride, and Scott encounters many speedbumps along the way.

In David Lubar's Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie, Scott is clueless about starting high school, and although it will not be easy he does whatever it takes to survive. Like me, I think you will be routing him on through the laughter, anger, and frustration as he tries to pave an easier path for future generations. And like me, I think you will see a little of yourself in the pages of this book. We all make mistakes and learn from others - that is what life is all about (Lubar 276).

No comments:

My Blog List