Sunday, July 18, 2010

BFF x 3 -To Be or Not to Be?

Judy Blume was one of my favorite authors when I was young adolescent. So it was with great delight that I found Just as Long as We're Together and Here's to You Rachel Robinson - two Blume books that I had not read. Both of these novels are classic "growing up" tales, and show once again that adolescence is not easy. Besides "the three is a crowd" issue, Blume tackles typical girl issues... boys, friendship, parents, etc. As predictable as the issues may be, the three main characters (Rachel, Stephanie and Allison) will surprise you and steal your heart. Like all Judy Blume books, at least to me, you are left with a sense of understanding and optimism. You can leave middle school with your self and friendships in tact, but like all things in life you - you have to work at it.

Judy Blume would love to hear from you. If you read (have read)these two books or any other Blume books, click on the post title to get connected to Judy Blume.

No comments:

My Blog List